Town of Awendaw SC
The Town of Awendaw, established in 1992 and home to 1,200 residents, sits nestled along the eastern edge of the Francis Marion National Forest and the western edge of the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge. This unique setting offers abundant outdoor experiences for its residents and visitors.
Awendaw is home to several education-oriented entities:
- the Sewee Visitor and Environmental Education Center;
- Center for Birds of Prey/Avian Conservation;
- Bull Island Ferry;
and several events celebrating the environment:
- the Town’s Annual Blue Crab Festival;
- SEWEE Association’s Annual Oyster Roast;
- Annual Bulls Bay Nature Festival;
- and, Awendaw Green, a weekly outdoor music event at Sewee Outpost.